24/7 Response: Acting Quickly After a Flood or Leak
- Ventilate wet areas by turning on your A/C or fan to accelerate drying time. During the winter, alternate opening windows and using your heater
- Remove standing water using sponges or a wet vac
- Stay out of rooms that have damaged ceilings
- Remove items, especially electronics such as lamps and telephones from wet areas and furniture
- Open drawers and cabinet doors for interior drying – do not force open if stuck
- Freeze valuable books, documents and photos to prevent mildew growth until proper drying techniques are performed
- Place china saucers, wooden blocks or aluminum foil squares beneath furniture legs to prevent carpet staining
- Locate your water cut-off
Avoid the following if you experience water damage:
- Do not operate electronics of any kind near wet flooring or carpet – especially on concrete floors
- Do not use heat to dry out a closed building – this can cause damage from mildew and expanded moisture
- Do not leave wet fabrics in place – space them apart to dry as soon as possible to prevent mold and mildew
24/7 Emergency Response & Technician Dispatch
A certified team of experienced technicians is available with our 24-hour call center. Our call center quickly dispatches technicians who can arrive within 50 minutes or less, depending on the emergency location. Our team can be accessed 24/7 by either phone or internet. Upon contacting GCNorthwest, an emergency unit is dispatched for immediate water extraction, or smoke/fire board up, depending on the type of damage.
Specialty Restoration of Vancouver and Portland is a preferred provider for the top insurance companies. GCNorthwest processes all required paperwork directly with your insurance carrier and will work with them to establish a scope of the damage, and total cost of all damages. Please contact us for more information on energy home damage restoration & repair.